Local Class B Recycling Driver- Part Time
Department: Solid Waste District
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Civil Service Status: Classified
Last Revised January 10, 2014
• Operates District trucks in order to pickup and drop off recycle containers and to provide
curbside pickup of recyclables when needed.
• Maintains or services drop off containers and monitors and ensures the cleanliness
of collection sites.
• Inspects trucks to ensure the proper operation of lights, brakes, horn, wipers, etc.; checks tires for proper air levels and checks oil and other fluid levels; fixes minor mechanical problems and notifies supervisor of significant mechanical problems.
• Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
• Maintains required licensure.
• Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
Other duties and responsibilities
• Prepares and submits work and equipment records and any other required documentation.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Recycle trucks and pickup trucks
• Safety practices and procedures
• District policies and procedures
• Traffic laws governing truck operations
• Proper lifting techniques
• Local geographical area
• Motor vehicle operation.
• Carry out instructions in written, oral or picture form.
• Deal with problems involving few variables within familiar context.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Travel to and gain access to work sites.
• Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently,
and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or other move objects.
Desirable Education and Experience
• Completion of secondary education plus one (1) year of experience in the operation of a
commercial motor vehicle or equivalent preferred.
• Must possess a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
• Must maintain eligibility for coverage under the District’s vehicle insurance policy.
The employee is exposed to motorized vehicles and adverse weather conditions; may be exposed to unsanitary or hazardous household waste.
I have read the above job description and understand its contents. I understand that the information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required in performing the job.
Name (Please Print)